Rates at The Kensington
Monthly rates are determined by suite size and include all residential services, amenities and basic wellness services. Individuals receive a complete health assessment prior to moving in, in partnership with their physician, to determine if additional care is needed to live safely and with dignity at The Kensington. Those who are assessed at either the Independent Level or Level 1 have two choices for monthly rates: Independent or All-Inclusive.
Independent rate plan
The Independent rate includes all amenities and residential services such as 24-hour staff and security, daily meals, weekly housekeeping and laundry, transportation, maintenance, cable TV and utilities, plus our extensive activity program. In addition, residents on the Independent plan receive basic wellness services. These include on-site care staff, nurse consultation, vital sign checks, help with scheduling appointments, and daily wellness checks.
Independent rates start at $2,100 per month for a companion suite, the equivalent of $69/day, and $2,700 for a private studio ($89/day).
Additional health and personal care services such as medication assistance are also available as needed to Independent residents. Regular follow up assessments are used to update the service plan, designed to maximize both independence and well-being. Each additional service is assigned a point value, with up to eight points of added care provided at no extra charge.
Monthly Levels-of-Care charges for services that total 50 or more points start at $250/month.
All-Inclusive rate plan
The All-Inclusive rate includes the same amenities and services as provided in the Independent rate plan, plus additional housekeeping, laundry and all health care services as needed, including medication assistance, bathing, dressing and personal care assistance, and many other services.
Only those who have been assessed as requiring Independent or Level 1 services prior to move-in have the option of choosing the All-Inclusive rate plan. Residents on this rate plan will not be charged additional Levels-of-Care fees if and when care needs increase, no matter how long they stay at The Kensington.
All-Inclusive rates start at $2,700 per month for a companion suite, the equivalent of $89/day, or $3,300 per month for a private studio ($108/day).
- Companion suites have a shared living room plus a private bedroom & bath for each person.
- A one-time Community Fee of $750 is required.
- Short Stays of less than one month include a furnished suite plus all services, amenities & basic health care at the rate of $95 per night.
- Second occupants are charged 50% of the monthly rate for that suite.
- A licensed assisted living residence, The Kensington qualifies for most long term care insurance benefits. Some residents may be eligible for assistance through the State of Nebraska Medicaid Waiver program.
- There is no investment or long term commitment required at The Kensington; residency is a month-to-month agreement.