Rates at The Kensington
Monthly rates are determined by suite size and include all residential services, amenities and basic wellness services. Prior to moving in, individuals are professionally assessed to determine if additional care is needed to live safely and with dignity at The Kensington. Those who have health care needs that total 49 points or less have two choices for monthly rates: Independent or All-Inclusive.
Independent rate plan
The Independent Rate includes all amenities and residential services such as 24-hour security and on-site care staff, daily meals, weekly housekeeping and laundry, transportation, maintenance, cable TV and utilities, plus our extensive activity program. In addition, residents on the Independent plan receive basic wellness services. These include nurse consultations, vital sign checks, help with scheduling appointments, daily monitoring, and simple medication management or personal assistance.
Independent rates start at $2,150 per month, the equivalent of $71/day.
Additional health and personal care services such as medication administration are also available as needed to Independent residents. Regular follow up assessments are used to update the service plan, designed to maximize both independence and well-being. Each additional service is assigned a point value, with up to four points of added care provided at no extra charge.
Monthly Levels-of-Care charges for more than four points of additional health care services start at $250/month.
All-Inclusive rate plan
The All-Inclusive rate includes the same amenities and services as provided in the Independent rate plan, plus additional housekeeping, laundry and all health care services as needed – including medication assistance, bathing, dressing and personal care assistance, and many other services.
Only those who have been assessed at 49 points or less of health care needs prior to move-in have the option of choosing the All-Inclusive Rate plan. Residents on this rate plan will not be charged additional Levels-of-Care fees if and when care needs increase, no matter how long they stay at The Kensington.
All-Inclusive rates start at $2,650 per month, the equivalent of $87/day.
- A one-time Community Fee of $500 will reserve the room of your choice for up to 30 days; it is not refundable after move-in.
- Short Stays of less than one month include a furnished suite plus all residential services, amenities, and health care services up to four points of assessed need. If needed, additional care is available for a pro-rated daily fee.
- The second occupant fee is $800 per month for the Independent Rate plan, or $1,300 for the All-Inclusive option.
- A licensed assisted living residence, The Kensington qualifies for most long term care insurance benefits. Some residents may be eligible for assistance through the State of Maryland Medicaid Waiver program.
- Veteran’s benefits are accepted for Assisted Living and in our Day Care Program.
- There is no investment or long term commitment required at The Kensington.