Rates at The Kensington
Monthly rates are determined by suite size and include all residential services, amenities and basic wellness services. Prior to moving in, individuals are professionally assessed to determine if additional care is needed to live safely and with dignity at The Kensington.
Base Rates includes all amenities and residential services such as 24-hour security and on-site care staff, daily meals, weekly housekeeping and laundry, transportation, maintenance, cable TV and utilities, plus our extensive activity program. In addition, residents on the Independent plan receive basic wellness services. These include nurse consultations, vital sign checks, help with scheduling appointments, daily monitoring, and simple medication management or personal assistance.
Base rates start as low as $2,575 per month, the equivalent of $85/day.
Levels of Care
Additional health and personal care services such as medication administration are also available as needed to residents. Regular follow up assessments are used to update the service plan, designed to maximize both independence and well-being. Each additional service is assigned a point value which is based on the time and expertise required to provide the service. Up to 49 points of care services are included in Level 1 and are provided at no additional charge. The monthly charge for Level 2 is $500 and care levels go up through Level 7. Please call to speak with The Kensington for more detailed information.
- A one-time Community Fee of $750 will be charged upon move-in.
- Short Stays of less than one month may be available and include a furnished suite plus all residential services and amenities. Health care services are available for an additional fee.
- A licensed assisted living residence, The Kensington qualifies for most long-term care insurance benefits. Some residents may be eligible for assistance through the State of Maryland Medicaid Waiver program.
- Veteran’s benefits are accepted for Assisted Living and in our Day Care Program.
- There is no investment or long term commitment required at The Kensington.