Services at The Kensington
Our services and amenities give residents and their families these priceless benefits: peace of mind; independence; safety and support; companionship; and more choices to make the most of living each day.
Services to meet every need
The Kensington in Fort Madison offers the following services for one monthly rate:
- 24-hour security, professional staff & licensed caregivers
- Basic, RN-supervised care services include wellness checks, on-site nurse consultations & help with appointments
- Private studio, one- or two-bedroom suite
- Three nutritious, home-cooked meals with menu options every day
- Fresh coffee & snacks throughout the day
- LifeCycles Wellness Program to maximize physical, social, intellectual & spiritual health
- Weekly housekeeping & laundry service
- Utilities, cable TV and maintenance service
- Emergency call system
- Unlimited local transportation, seven days a week
- Family Traditions events
- Full activity calendar, including evenings and weekends
- Wireless Internet
For those who need more than basic health care, additional care services are available, such as help with medication, bathing, dressing, diabetic care and more.
More service options
Special services include trial or respite stays, furnished guest rooms & guest dining. Pets are accepted as long as they are well cared for.
For those still living at home, The Kensington offers a home-delivered meal service featuring our delicious menus. Please call (319) 372-4233 to enroll in this program.
In addition, specialized memory care is available in Primrose Path, located on The Kensington’s second floor. See below for more details.
Amenities that make a house a home
Monthly rates also include these amenities:
- Comfortable family rooms, sunny dining room & private dining room
- Kitchenettes on every floor, with snacks available at all times
- Neighborhood sun rooms on resident floors
- Enclosed porch
- Patio with benches and walking paths
- Family Room with games and a big screen TV
- Resource Center with computer, Internet & learning opportunities
- Beauty/barber salon
- Wellness Office
- Exercise equipment
- Coffee cart & soft serve ice cream for residents & guests
- Recreational & scenic tours on The Kensington bus
- Private mail boxes
Memory Care at The Kensington
Primrose Path is a secure and private neighborhood located within The Kensington. With its own living rooms, dining rooms and outdoor deck, Primrose Path was specially designed to accommodate those with Alzheimer’s and other memory loss conditions.
Reassuring routines, vintage furnishings and beautiful surroundings help residents feel right at home. Family members appreciate the special events and support programs. And staff members are carefully selected and trained to provide the very best of care.
Bright and cheery, Primrose Path is a truly wonderful alternative for specialized care in southeast Iowa.
Monthly rates include all services:
- 24-hour, specially-trained caregivers
- One-on-one therapeutic activities
- Daily personal care, including bathing & dressing assistance
- RN-supervised staff & medication delivery
- Nutritious, family-style meals
- Specialized programming & recreational trips
- Housekeeping & laundry
- Personal transportation